Stay up to date with the latest news and rumors around the NBA.
The NBA continues to win the sports headlines. On Thursday night, the Thunder traded longtime guard Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for point guard Chris Paul and a set of first round picks and pick swaps.
The Thunder are officially in rebuild mode after the Westbrook and Paul George trades, while the Western Conference continues to stack superstars.
While the free agent market is drying up, Paul is now the focus. He is not expected to stay with Oklahoma City as the team will likely try to dump his hefty salary.
Here is the latest roundup of news and rumors from around the league in the aftermath of Leonard's decision. For more coverage of free agency, check out The Crossover's Top 50 free-agent rankings, & our wide-sweeping primer and our burning questions for every team.
• Free-agent center Tyson Chandler agreed to a one-year deal with the Rockets. (Marc Stein, The New York Times)
• The Grizzlies are prepared to take Andre Iguodala "into the season" unless they receive a trade offer with a future first-round pick. (Marc Stein, The New York Times)
• Miami remains a possibility for Chris Paul as the Thunder could trade their newly-acquired guard. Oklahoma City has picks they could use to incentivize the deal. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Thunder have agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul, first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, pick swaps in 2021 and 2025. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Spurs have agreed to a deal with Trey Lyles after pulling their offer for Marcus Morris. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN.com)
• Marcus Morris has agreed to a one-year, $15 million deal with the Knicks. (Shams Charania, The Athletic)